Viper Wire Rope Lubricator
ROV Cables/Vessel Crane Ropes
Underwater Offshore Wire Ropes
Drag Lines/Tensioner Cables
Oil & Gas Platforms
Contruction & Service Cranes
Deck Winches/Anchor Ropes/Mobile Cranes
Clean and lubricate wire ropes quickly, efficiently and safely with the Viper MKII series of wire rope lubricators. Viper Wire Rope Lubricators are now available in three sizes,
Maxi MkII, Mid MkII and Mini MkII. The “New” Mk II Collars are the heart of the Viper WRL systems. Constructed from high grade, cast aluminium with a robust protective coating.
The Viper Wire Rope Lubricator is available in three sizes;
Viper Maxi MKII
- Fast and effective lubrication of wire ropes with a diameter between 50mm to 165mm.
- The Viper MKII Maxi lubricates ropes at up to 1000mt/hour.
- Recommended for use with ROV Cables, Vessel Crane Ropes, Underwater Offshore Wire Ropes and Drag Lines.
Viper Mid MKII
- Fast and effective lubrication of wire ropes with a diameter between 8mm to 67mm.
- The Viper Mid MKII lubricates ropes at up to 2000mt/hour.
- Recommended for use with Wharf Cranes, Ship Cranes, ROV Cables, Mind Winders, Mobile Cranes, Oil & Gas Platforms, Anchor Ropes, Deck Winches, Overhead Cranes and Ship Loaders.
Viper Mini MKII
- Fast and effective lubrication of wire ropes with a diameter between 6mm to36mm.
- The Viper MKII Mini lubricates ropes at up to 1000mt/hour.
- The Viper Wire Rope Lubricator provides grease penetration, moisture displacement and total coverage by forcing lubricant into the core of the rope.
Features & Benefits
- Single Pass Wire Rope Lubrication – Simplifies and speeds up the rope lubricating process
- Eliminates Manual Greasing – Safer for staff, reduced lubricant usage, less leakage & mess
- High Pressure / High Flow Grease Pump Provides grease penetration, displaces moisture from rope core / total coverage, even for large ropes
- Fast & Efficient Rope Lubrication – Reduced downtime associated with rope lubrication which improves equipment availability. Speeds up to 1,000mt/hour
- Able to lubricate all major rope sizes –
- Viper Maxi Mk II can lubricate rope sizes 50mm ( 2″ ) to 165mm ( 6-1/2″) in diameter
- Viper Mid Mk II can lubricate rope sizes 8mm (5/16”) to 67mm (2-5/8”) in diameter
- Viper Mini Mk II lubricates ropes from 6mm (15/64”) to 36mm (1 13/32”) in diameter.
Viper seals are designed to have some interference with the rope, depending on its size and type, with an interference of up to 3mm allowable for standard 6 & 8 strand ropes. For compact, non-rotating or wireline type ropes which do not have valleys, a maximum interference of 1mm is recommended as these ropes do not allow for the same amount of seal deflection within the collar.
Viper Manual Rope Cleaner
The Viper Manual Rope Cleaner Solution Kit (VMRCS) is used in conjunction with our Viper rope cleaners (VRC). This custom designed collar provides a unique guide for both our standard VRC and our Smooth bore cleaners. The collar incorporates two high density poly guide bushes which keeps the collar and therefore the rope cleaners centered on the wire rope. The Viper Manual Rope Cleaner Solution Kit comes complete with the following items: VMRCS – Custom Collar, 2 x D Shackles, 2 x Tie down straps
Wire Rope Cleaner
Viper Rope Cleaners enable the removal of contamination or built up old lubricant from the wire rope prior to lubrication, improving the effectiveness of the lubrication process via the Viper WRL.
Available for 6 and 8 strand ropes in a wide range of sizes. It is critical that all ropes be physically measured prior to selecting and ordering the Viper Rope Cleaner, as ropes size may vary in service.
Smooth Bore Rope Cleaner
For certain types of wire ropes where the standard Viper Rope Cleaner is not suitable, the Viper ‘Smooth Bore’ rope cleaner is available. The Smooth Bore Rope Cleaner would typically be used on those ropes with a large number of outer strands, some non-rotational ropes, ROV cables, etc, where the valleys between the strands are minimal and do not readily facilitate a standard Viper Rope Cleaner.