Active Lifting Equipment Co. Pty. Ltd, ACN 077 563 805, (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) is committed to customer service and this includes protecting your privacy. The Company is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, as amended, setting out principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to bring to the attention of commercial customers.
Your Personal Information
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with credit account facilities.
Personal information may include:
- Name, address, driver’s license number and date of birth;
- The fact that you have applied for credit and the amount of credit applied for;
- The fact that the Company is a current credit provider to you;
- Details of payments overdue more than 60 days and for which collection action has commenced;
- Advice that payments are no longer overdue;
- Details of cheques drawn by you or electronic banking transactions, which have been dishonoured more than once;
- In specified circumstances advice that in the opinion of the Company you have committed a serious credit infringement;
- Advice that credit provided to you by the Company has been paid or discharged.
Personal information is gathered in many ways including, but not limited to:
- Directly from you e.g. when you complete a Credit Application Form;
- From the public domain;
- From third parties such as our related companies, your own representatives (lawyers, accountants etc.) and reporting agencies.
This information may then be used by us to:
- To establish, administer and manage a trading account including billing and collecting debts;
- Carry out appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud.
For the purposes as set out above we may disclose your personal information to organizations outside the Company including:
- Your own representatives (lawyers, accountants, insurers etc.);
- Credit reporting and fraud checking agents;
- Other credit providers for credit related purposes such as checking credit-worthiness, credit rating and financing;
- Our own professional advisers such as lawyers, debt collection services, auditors and accountants;
- Our related entities;
- Government or other authorities as required or authorized by law.
Right to Access
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law.
For security reasons we ask that such requests be made in writing addressed to:
The General Manager, P O Box 266 Stepney SA 5069.
The Company guarantees the storage and use of personal information will be undertaken in a secure manner that protects personal privacy.
While the Company takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you advise us if there are any errors in your personal information and keep us up-to-date with any changes.