Developed with simplicity and flexibility in mind.
The control handle has no mechanical linkages or cables connecting it to the main body of the lifter. The handle simply adjusts the amount of atmospheric air that is allowed to bleed into the main body of the tube lifter. It is this bleeding effect that controls the raising and lowering of the load that is being held by the suction pads.
When a load is hovering mid-air, the whole system is in a state of equilibrium – letting in just the right amount of air to maintain the correct vacuum level to lift and hold the load.
- The load is gripped and lifted by a single medium, namely vacuum.
- A modular system of variable basic components which can be combined in many different ways permits simple adaptation of the unit to meet individual requirements.
- A quick-acting non-return valve and the large area of the suction pad(s) ensure that the load is not dropped – even if the electric power or the compressed-air supply fails.
- Compliance with the latest ergonomic considerations ensures that the use of the Jumbo does not endanger the health of the user.
The various load classes permit selection of the best Jumbo for handling the desired workpiece.
Palletising Cardboard Boxes
Lifting large cardboard boxes with VG head and swivel handle
Lifting doors using VG head and PSE tilting unit
Multiple vacuum gripper for loading and unloading CNC woodworking machines
Lifting rolls of fibre using customised lifting head
Handling air-conditioner components with DG head
Lifting and tilting glass solar panels
Video - JumboErgo
Control Handle Options
Standard Control Unit
Control Unit with extension
Control Unit with extension and pivot
Unique to the JumboErgo, the innovative design of the Control Handle makes it simple to modify to allow the fitting of an extension tube and/or a pivot unit.
By simply unbolting the handle from the main body of the Control Unit, an extension piece is easily inserted.
- Simple yet innovative design results in minimal moving parts
- Adjustable no-load hover level via easily accessed set-screw
- Easily removable and subsequent cleaning of air inlet filter
- Same control handle used for entire JumboErgo range
Ejectors SEM 100/300 Pneumatically powered multi-stage venturi vacuum generators available for use in explosion-hazard areas
Blowers SBM & SBL Vacuum Blowers are used for handling of porous workpieces
Blower SBV Vacuum Blower SBV is frequency regulated for optimal adjustment to the requirements of different applications
|JumboErgo / JumboSprint|
|SBM (3.0 kW)
|SBL (4.0 kW)
|SBV (4.0 kW)
- The directly-driven, precision-cast impeller provides a very high level of reliability
- Integrated exhaust silencer to keep sound levels below 75 dB(A)
- Includes a preset pressure limiting valve for additional safety
- Due to no contact surfaces within the blower (unlike vane pumps), maintenance intervals are extended
- Main pump bearings have a 20,000 hr lubrication service interval
Jumbo Lifting TubeThe Lifting Unit is the component that does all the lifting work. The “Trunk” is a wire and fibre reinforced length of tubing which is compressed and extended as the load is lifted and lowered. The trunk has been specially developed just for this application, and is capable of withstanding up to -0.65 Bar (65%) of vacuum.
The Lifting Trunk is available in (8) different diameters (one for each of the different lifting capacities). it is the diameter of the tube which dictates the weight the Vacuum Tube Lifter can lift.
Each trunk comes as a 1700mm lifting stroke as standard. Optional 2100mm lifting stroke available upon request.
- Lifting Unit is common to both the JumboErgo & the JumboSprint range of lifters
- Upper low-friction swivel unit capable of 360° continuous rotation
- Integrated safety valve to prevent dropping of load in the event of power failure
- Compact construction gives minimal height loss
- Lifting Tube can be shortened for restrictive operating environments
- Compressed air lead-through available for custom attachments
Lifting different loads is not just a question of the weight involved, but also selecting the best vacuum head suitable for the load. For both theJumboErgo and JumboSprint range of Vacuum Tube Lifters, a comprehensive range of vacuum heads are available.
Since there are matching suction pads for each size of vacuum lifting unit, it is possible to assemble an optimum solution for most product handling needs, even if only a small surface area is available.
The following are standard vacuum heads which are available to the JumboErgo & JumboSprint range of Jumbo Vacuum Tube Lifters.
Single Head EG For rigid cartons, sheets, furniture elements etc.
Long Head LG For pallets, narrow cartons, beams, square-section tubes etc.
Round Head RG For barrels, cans, stone or concrete slabs with rough surfaces etc.
Sack Head SG For rigid cartons, sheets, furniture elements etc.
2-Pad Head DG For cardboard cartons, crates, pallets etc.
4-Pad Head VG For larger cartons, sheets, MDF and laminated boards etc.
Double Head FM For pallets, layers of product, products with gaps or holes etc.
Multi-Pad Head – Multi For soft cartons that mis-shape when lifted etc.
Don’t see a Vacuum Head that suits?
Years of experience have enabled us to develop a huge variety of custom-built Vacuum Heads for difficult-to-lift products. If we haven’t already built a head for a product similar to yours, then all is required is a sample product, and our Engineers will develop one for you.
Quick-Change Adapter SWA By fitting a quick-change adapter, all suction pads can be quickly changed to suit different handling applications.
Dust Filter STF Fitted to systems that have dirty or dusty surroundings. The cartrige can be replaced quickly and easily.
Motor Protection Switch MSS For switching the vacuum generator on and providing it with over-current protection.
Radio Remote Control FFS For switching the vacuum generator on remotely. Also provides over-current protection.
Blower Silencer Box SBB The silencer box reduces the noise output of the side-channel blowers down to approx 65 dB(A)
Pneumatic Swivelling Unit PSE For smooth pneumatically powered swivelling of workpieces through 90°
Manual Swivelling Unit SE For manually swivelling workpieces through 90°
Feed Hose VSL 60mm ID hose used to connect the vacuum generator to the Jumbo lifting unit. Hose lengths up to 50 metres can be acheived.
Tube-Cylinder Extension SZV The tube extension is used for lifting workpieces in or out of deep cages or boxes
Turning Unit DE For horizontally turning workpieces independantly of the control handle. Useful when creating layer patterns on a pallet
Protective Sleeve and Parking Net Protect the lifting tube from damage and also park the lifter when not being used
We can also help you choose the right crane system for your particular vacuum lifting application. The two main crane systems that are used for the Jumbo range of vacuum lifters are:
- Jib and Slewing Cranes
- Light Capacity Track Cranes
Please contact us for more information.