The overhead Gantry Crane System is designed to protect the hoist and support structure from overload. Therefore the system provides many benefits to the customer.
The standard system is provided with a visual display.
There are great manufacturing variations in Overhead Gantry Cranes. The Load Monitoring Equipment is installed either into the Equalising Sheave or inline with the Dead End rope connection.
The Standard System Configuration
- The Design is Modular.
- Operates with standard and custom build load cells.
- Optional Visual and audible devices provide warnings.
- Digital Displays are available in different sizes for load indication.
- The standard system has two independent relays, they are used to prevent.
(i) Hoist up of the load.
(ii) Provide an audible or visual warning of approaching overload.
- The installer can wire the relays to motion cut and prevent further unsafe actions
- Trip setting are flexible, e.g.
(i) Set Point for visual warning at 90% of SWL or crane capacity;
(ii) Set Point for an audible alarm at 95% of crane capacity.
(iii) Set Point to motion cut hoist up. (Other functions can also be disabled.)
- IP65 rated components are used (weatherproof and dust proof).
- Simple and easy to install by Crane Technicians.
- The system is available to suit various voltages
The Standard Installations